SoundKreations; Advocates for Physical Literacy.
Physical Literacy is the motivation, confidence, competence, and understanding to value AND take responsibility for your engagement in physical activities.
SoundKreations is an in-school program provider that breathes life and relevance into dance and poetry curriculum.
Facilitated by the top professional dancers and artists in Western Canada, we offer an engaging method of developing student’s physical literacy and appreciation for the creative process. We’re dancers, teachers, mentors, big brothers, and big sisters who have been trained specifically for the school environment, and share a responsibility to support today’s youth and provide opportunities for success. Through dance and poetry instruction, we encourage students to explore possibilities in a safe environment with people who believe in them.
At SoundKreations, Physical Literacy and Mental Health are what we call THE BASICS OF BASIC EDUCATION and are the main focus of our in-school dance and poetry programs. The cornerstones of the SoundKreations Dance and Poetry programs are:
- Physical Literacy
And are not only closely tied to the Wellness and Physical Education Curriculum in each Province but also include elements of the following curriculums:
This is why schools across Canada consider SoundKreations programming an essential part of the Basic Education for Students.
Our mandate is to introduce a method of developing physical literacy and maintaining physical health that’s:
SoundKreations holds a Master Agreement with the Calgary Board of Education and is an Approved Vendor with School Boards across the country! We’ve led over 800 in-school programs, introducing more than 100,000 smiling students to the world of dance and poetry!
Up-to-date with security clearances, liability insurance, and workers compensation accounts, and fluent in English, French, and Spanish, please meet the SoundKreations team:
- JordanJordan Dack, owner and operator of SoundKreations Inc. has been a dancer, poet, and educator all of his life.
- SonyaPrior to joining the SoundKreations team, Sonya gained 20 years experience teaching in K-6 classrooms as a classroom and Physical Education specialist with Rockyview Schools near Calgary, Alberta.
- NicoleNicole Pemberton, Team Leader with SoundKreations, teaches artist residencies in schools with SoundKreations and continues to spread the love of dance through teaching at various studios such as DJD, Wildflower Arts Centre, Footprints Dance and Free Spirit Dance.
- KesWith positive reinforcement Keston aims to explore creativity through movement!
- JasenJasen is a community advocate that works to build positive urban-dance and Hip-hop culture in Calgary.
- BenBenjamin, Regional Funk Manager at SoundKreations, began his adventure in dance at the age of 16 when he was accepted into the prestigious Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede.
- NandoFernando has a major passion for teaching dance and training as a top level elite dancer himself.
- Ajay"To me It’s really about being able to connect and communicate with others through music."
- CodyIn my later years I developed a passion for latin dance and fitness where I then moved to Spain and travelled across Europe to train and then teach styles including salsa, merengue, bachata, and cumbia.
- JoshAt the age of 11, Josh fell in love with Hip Hop. From music to dance to the culture itself, Hip Hop is where he finds himself most at home.
- TyTy Flemming is an energetic dance instructor, a conscious spoken word poet, improv hip/hop artist and a stand up comedian!
- KatherineKatherine hopes to inspire the next generation of dancers through SoundKreations and leave a positive impact on the youth!
- MelissaMelissa provides a cheerful and encouraging safe space for students to go out of their comfort zone and push past personal fears whilst integrating authenticity, confidence, connection, resiliency, vulnerability, and positive thinking.
- LeoLeo took his first steps into the world of dance at age of eight with a Cuban group in Havana called “Dew Drops.” At a very young age, Leo had an intense passion for dance and participated as a principal dancer in multiple choreographies.
- Lexa"Dance has no limits and when we all come together it is amazing what we can see happen!"
- BradenBraden Lyster is a compassionate, goofy, creative ninja on a mission to help others tap into the true force of their nature.
- ZamI strive for positively impacting others while creating a safe space to grow, to heal, to dream and take action.
- Asha"I want everyone to believe that they can achieve whatever they want to achieve, as long as they're willing and committed to believing in their dream and in doing what it takes to achieve it."
- Alexis"Surrounded by the rich tropical rhythms in Havana, Cuba, Alexis discovered his passion for dancing at just five years old."
- AshleyBorn and raised in St. Catharines, Ontario, Ashley has been dancing for most of her life. Competing and performing growing up she also started teaching and assisting at the age of 16 at her mother’s studio.