When you book a SoundKreations’ experience you know what to expect… every time. We are committed to providing only the highest quality of in-school programming and we deliver on this commitment every single time we’re in a school. We know that booking a residency program takes a lot of hard work on the part of the school and the parents and so delivering a remarkable program experience is a responsibility that we don’t treat lightly. We have a Master Agreement with the Calgary Board of Education, we are an Approved Vendor with the Edmonton Public School Board, all of our instructors have up-to-date Security Clearances and Liability Insurance, and we have a list of over 300 schools that book with us year after year after year. So go ahead, exhale, you can trust us. Book a program, book five programs, they’ll always be the best program you’ve ever booked.
Our instructors are some of the most talented artists in the city… really, they’re amazing. Give them a stage and an audience and in a matter of minutes, be it through dance or poetry, they will have that audience on their feet. However, there is one thing that they are even better at, and that is the art of connecting with your students. When you book a SoundKreations program, you are not hiring a dancer that will teach, you are hiring a dancer, a teacher, a mentor, a big brother or sister and someone who takes the responsibility of supporting today’s youth very seriously. Your school is our dance studio. In-school experiences are all that we do which means an SK instructor is uniquely trained for the in-school program environment. These instructors are not coming into your school to simply impress your students- they are coming into to your school to inspire your students, to expand their idea of what is possible... and to impress them 😉
We offer the kind of programs that your students high-five over. Programs that receive immediate buy-in. Programs that have that boy in the back slowly uncross his arms and say to himself “wait a second, I didn’t know we were doing THIS, sure I’ll give it a shot!” We are the purveyors of the “now”, of contemporary forms of expression and physical literacy. It is our program content that, time and time again, manifests in socially encouraged hobbies amongst students and that leaves kids with a desire to turn off the screen and get moving! Of course, all that is current has a rich past, and introducing the discipline in its current form garners us the student focus necessary to communicate the history of the art form. You can count on SoundKreations to bring the coolest programs in the city into your school and leave your students with a self-perpetuating engagement in the world of Healthy Hobbies!
Our Mandate (why we do what we do!)
1. To introduce a method of maintaining physical health in a fun and accessible way.
2. To develop the student’s skills as collaborative workers and creative problem solvers.
3. To give students an opportunity to develop new methods of healthy and creative recreation.
4. To give students a new framework within which the creative process is socially encouraged.
5. To explore an art‐form with ancient roots through a modern‐day lens giving renewed appreciation for the creative process.
6. To deliver content in such a way that the students relate immediately to the instructor and material, bringing the participation and involvement of the students to an exceptionally high level.
7. To create a safe environment for the students to explore, create, and perform within.
8. To offer endless opportunities for success!