Years in Operation
Physical Literacy | Mindfulness | Creative Process
If you’re a school operating in the fine cities of Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto, Halifax then you’ve probably heard of us! You know that in-school residency company that your friend over at XYZ School was raving about? Yup, that’s us! We’re SoundKreations: The in-school program provider that breathes life and relevance into dance and poetry units across Canada. We’ve led hundreds of school programs and have had the pleasure of introducing more than 150,000 smiling students to the world of dance and poetry! We are comprised of the top instructors and professional dancers, trained specifically for the school environment.
We offer an engaging and socially encouraged method of developing a student’s Physical Literacy, Mindfulness and appreciation for the creative process through the exploration of Dance and Poetry!
We’re the in-school dance residency program specialists and making your gymnasium a safe place for students to take risks and succeed is what we do best!
*CCTC 2019 Danceoff!*
Once again, Soundkreations has teamed up with the Calgary City Teacher’s Convention to bring you the CCTC-DANCE-OFF! We are giving away a 3-Day SK School Residency ($1545 Value) to one lucky school AND a $300 Air Canada Gift Card to one lucky teacher! All you need to do is get as many members of your school staff to learn the dance combo below and join us at 12:00PM on Feb 15, 2019 at “Centre Stage” at the Telus Convention Centre! Click HERE for more info!
*Come dance with us*
We are honored to be leading many exciting dance AND poetry sessions at this year’s Calgary City Teacher’s Convention as well as hosting the Annual SK CCTC Dance-Off where teacher’s dance to win a 3-Day SK School Residency ($1600 Value) and a $300 Air Canada Gift Card (More information here). All experience levels welcome! RAGA Revolution, Hip-Hop, Step, Around the World and Spoken Word Poetry! And don’t miss the CCTC DANCE-OFF PREP Session! Bring some balance to your convention, get that body moving, and leave with valuable tools of how to bring the world of dance, creativity, and mindfulness into your classroom!
Here are a few of the sessions we will be leading this year:
THE Hip-Hop Workshop!
w/ Ajay Musodi
CLICK HERE FOR SCHED
THE #1 SCHOOL HIP-HOP DANCE PROGRAM IN THE CITY led by Senior SK Instructor Ajay Musodi! The fundamentals of Popping, locking, and breaking have given birth to an endless number of expressions and interpretations. Always relevant, Hip-Hop evolves and breathes with the youth. Come dance with us and bring moves, grooves, and valuable resources back to your classroom.
Around the World Dance MASH-UP
w/ Nicole Pemberton
CLICK HERE FOR SCHED
Let Senior SK Instructor and Team Lead, Nicole Pemberton, lead you on an a dance journey around the world! Hip-Hop, African, Caribbean MASH-UP! Join us for a dynamic exploration of three dance styles, all based on a rich history and connected in ways that few realize. We’ve spent the last 10 years teaching your students how to move to the beat and now it’s your turn!
STEPPIN’ in the Classroom!
w/ Josh McKinnon
CLICK HERE FOR SCHED
STOMP-STOMP-CLAP CLAP-STOMP-CLAP. Step Dance is based on a rich history of South African gumboot dancing and on the modern urban styles of “steppin”. This is a POWERFUL and percussive dance in which dancers use their entire body as an instrument to produce complex rhythms and sounds through a mixture of footsteps, spoken word, and hand claps! Leave with some moves for you and your students!
w/ Alexis Mora Blanco
CLICK HERE FOR SCHED
Panama! Cuba! Jamaica! The swagger of Hip-Hop meets the rhythms of Latin America and the islands of the Caribbean! No partner dancing: think less ballroom and more Latin Street Dance… more natural… more flavour! Come dance your heart out and leave with some valuable tools for teaching dance to your students!
Spoken Word Poetry in the Classroom
With Ty the Entertainer
CLICK HERE FOR SCHED
Share your truth through words and rhythm!
Speak with heart so others listen!
Focused light can spread like prisms!
Find that spark and start ignition!
Teachers, students, start your engines!
See you at Teachers’ Convention 🙂
The CCTC2019 DANCE OFF (PREP)!
Feb. 15, 2019 @ 9:00-10:00AM
Crescent Heights High School, Gym A
CLICK HERE FOR SCHED
It’s time to gather your team and prepare for this year’s CCTC Dance-Off! Senior SK Instructor, Nicole Pemberton, will be leading participants through the steps of this year’s combo and preparing teams for the final dance-off on Sept 15, 2018 @ 12PM at Centre Stage!
*Featured Program: Raga Revolution*
Hip-Hop/Latin Fusion has taken the world by storm, with artists like Beyonce and Justin Bieber bringing Latin music to masses!
Sound Kreations Raga Revolution Dance Program is fun, energetic and easily garners 100% participation among students from Kindergarten to grade 12!
This dance program includes no partner dancing and features the up-to-date Urban-Latin styles and music that your students are already listening to.
Now Available in:
en Français & Español
That’s right, Sound Kreations is now offering our in-school dance residency programs in French AND Spanish!
Plus, add-on Residency EXPANDED!
Take your in-school dance residency program to the NEXT LEVEL with the Residency EXPANDED add-on to receive access to:
– All music used in the in-school dance residency program
– All choreography videos included in their program + 3 additional routines!
– Student/Teacher Program resource booklets to support schools taking our programs beyond the gym!
When you book a SoundKreations’ experience you know what to expect… every time. We are committed to providing only the highest quality of in-school programming and we deliver on this commitment every single time we’re in a school. We know that booking a residency program takes a lot of hard work on the part of the school and the parents and so delivering a remarkable program experience is a responsibility that we don’t treat lightly. We have a Master Agreement with the Calgary Board of Education, we are an Approved Vendor with the Edmonton Public School Board, all of our instructors have up-to-date Security Clearances and Liability Insurance, and we have a list of over 300 schools that book with us year after year after year. So go ahead, exhale, you can trust us. Book a program, book five programs, they’ll always be the best program you’ve ever booked.
Our instructors are some of the most talented artists in the city… really, they’re amazing. Give them a stage and an audience and in a matter of minutes, be it through dance or poetry, they will have that audience on their feet. However, there is one thing that they are even better at, and that is the art of connecting with your students. When you book a SoundKreations program, you are not hiring a dancer that will teach, you are hiring a dancer, a teacher, a mentor, a big brother or sister and someone who takes the responsibility of supporting today’s youth very seriously. Your school is our dance studio. In-school experiences are all that we do which means an SK instructor is uniquely trained for the in-school program environment. These instructors are not coming into your school to simply impress your students- they are coming into to your school to inspire your students, to expand their idea of what is possible... and to impress them 😉
We offer the kind of programs that your students high-five over. Programs that receive immediate buy-in. Programs that have that boy in the back slowly uncross his arms and say to himself “wait a second, I didn’t know we were doing THIS, sure I’ll give it a shot!” We are the purveyors of the “now”, of contemporary forms of expression and physical literacy. It is our program content that, time and time again, manifests in socially encouraged hobbies amongst students and that leaves kids with a desire to turn off the screen and get moving! Of course, all that is current has a rich past, and introducing the discipline in its current form garners us the student focus necessary to communicate the history of the art form. You can count on SoundKreations to bring the coolest programs in the city into your school and leave your students with a self-perpetuating engagement in the world of Healthy Hobbies!
Our Mandate (why we do what we do!)
1. To introduce a method of maintaining physical health in a fun and accessible way.
2. To develop the student’s skills as collaborative workers and creative problem solvers.
3. To give students an opportunity to develop new methods of healthy and creative recreation.
4. To give students a new framework within which the creative process is socially encouraged.
5. To explore an art‐form with ancient roots through a modern‐day lens giving renewed appreciation for the creative process.
6. To deliver content in such a way that the students relate immediately to the instructor and material, bringing the participation and involvement of the students to an exceptionally high level.
7. To create a safe environment for the students to explore, create, and perform within.
8. To offer endless opportunities for success!
- SonyaSonya Zimmer is a graduate of the University of Alberta, where she received a bachelor degree in Elementary Education with a specialization in learning diversity and physical education.
- NicoleNicole Pemberton, Team Leader with SoundKreations, teaches artist residencies in schools with SoundKreations and continues to spread the love of dance through teaching at various studios such as DJD, Wildflower Arts Centre, Footprints Dance and Free Spirit Dance.
- JordanJordan Dack, owner and operator of SoundKreations Inc. has been a dancer, poet, and educator all of his life.
- BenBenjamin, Regional Funk Manager at SoundKreations, began his adventure in dance at the age of 16 when he was accepted into the prestigious Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede.
- NandoFernando has a major passion for teaching dance and training as a top level elite dancer himself.
- Ajay"To me It’s really about being able to connect and communicate with others through music."
- CodyIn my later years I developed a passion for latin dance and fitness where I then moved to Spain and travelled across Europe to train and then teach styles including salsa, merengue, bachata, and cumbia.
- JoshAt the age of 11, Josh fell in love with Hip Hop. From music to dance to the culture itself, Hip Hop is where he finds himself most at home.
- TyTy Flemming is an energetic dance instructor, a conscious spoken word poet, improv hip/hop artist and a stand up comedian!
- KatherineKatherine hopes to inspire the next generation of dancers through SoundKreations and leave a positive impact on the youth!
- MelissaMelissa provides a cheerful and encouraging safe space for students to go out of their comfort zone and push past personal fears whilst integrating authenticity, confidence, connection, resiliency, vulnerability, and positive thinking.
- LeoLeo took his first steps into the world of dance at age of eight with a Cuban group in Havana called “Dew Drops.” At a very young age, Leo had an intense passion for dance and participated as a principal dancer in multiple choreographies.
- Lexa"Dance has no limits and when we all come together it is amazing what we can see happen!"
- TheresaTheresa is known for her high energy classes for both children and adults, creating a safe environment where students are not restricted by the opinions of others or weighed down by the troubles of everyday life.
- RebeccaRebecca Dawn specializes in a high-quality blend of world fusion sounds with conscious urban lyricism.
- BradenBraden Lyster is a compassionate, goofy, creative ninja on a mission to help others tap into the true force of their nature.
- ZamI strive for positively impacting others while creating a safe space to grow, to heal, to dream and take action.
- Asha"I want everyone to believe that they can achieve whatever they want to achieve, as long as they're willing and committed to believing in their dream and in doing what it takes to achieve it."
- Alexis"Surrounded by the rich tropical rhythms in Havana, Cuba, Alexis discovered his passion for dancing at just five years old."